12 references found for Culex quinquefasciatus:
Results Page: 1
Summary: Available from: http://www2.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/LM-10-2.pdf [Accessed 12 September 2006]
2. Harding., Jon S., Culum Brown, Felicity Jones, & Russell Taylor., 2006. A preliminary assessment of the distribution of mosquitoes in the kingdom of Tonga: potential threats to biodiversity through invasive pathogens. University of canterbury. School of Biological Sciences Research Report
Report of a study which involved a preliminary survey of mosquito species and larval habitat preferences in the kingdom of Tonga in order to assess the possible risk to indigenous wildlife from mosquito-borne diseases.
3. Liu, H., Xu, Q., Zhang, L. and Liua, N. 2005. Chlorpyrifos Resistance in Mosquito Culex quinquefasciatus, Journal of Medical Entomology 42(5).
4. Lounibos, L.P. 2002. Invasions by Insect Vectors of Human Disease, Annual Review of Entomology 47.
Summary: This database compiles information on alien species from British Overseas Territories.
Available from: http://www.jncc.gov.uk/page-3660 [Accessed 10 November 2009]
6. Whitman, N.K., Goodman, S.J., Sinclair, B.J., Walsh, T., Cunningham A.A., Kramer, L.D. and Parker, P.G. 2005. Establishment of the avian disease vector Culex quinquefasciatus Say, 1823 (Diptera: Culicidae) on the Galápagos Islands, Ecuador, Ibis 147(4).
7. Apperson, C.S., Harrison, B.A., Unnasch, T.R., Hassan, H.K., Irby, W.S., Savage, H.M., Aspen, S.E., Watson, W., Rueda, L.M., Engber, B.R. and Nascif, R.S. 2002. Host-Feeding Habits of Culex and Other Mosquitoes (Diptera: Culicidae) in the Borough of Queens in New York City, with Characters and Techniques for Identification of Culex Mosquitoes, Journal of Medical Entomology 39(5).
Summary: Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/arbor/culex.htm [Accessed 12 September 2006]
9. Cornel, A.J., Mcabee, R.D., Rasgon, J., Stanich, M.A., Scott, T.W. and Coetzee, M. 2002. Differences in Extent of Genetic Introgression Between Sympatric Culex pipiens and Culex quinquefasciatus (Diptera: Culicidae) in California and South Africa, Journal of Medical Entomology 40(1).
Summary: An online database that provides taxonomic information, common names, synonyms and geographical jurisdiction of a species. In addition links are provided to retrieve biological records and collection information from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) Data Portal and bioscience articles from BioOne journals.
Available from: http://www.cbif.gc.ca/pls/itisca/taxastep?king=every&p_action=containing&taxa=Culex+quinquefasciatus&p_format=&p_ifx=plglt&p_lang= [Accessed December 31 2004]
11. Wirth, M.C., Walton, W.E. and Federici, B.A. 1999. Cyt1A from Bacillus thuringiensis Restores Toxicity of Bacillus sphaericus Against Resistant Culex quinquefasciatus (Diptera: Culicidae), Journal of Medical Entomology 37(3).
12. Zinser, M., Ramberg, F. and Willott, E. 2004. Culex quinquefasciatus (Diptera: Culicidae) as a potential West Nile virus vector in Tucson, Arizona: Blood meal analysis indicates feeding on both humans and birds, Journal of Insect Science 4(20)